Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My First Blog

 
 
Good morning and welcome to my first blog.
 
 
I'm just a little bit nervous about this after seeing
so many amazing blogs.
 
 
I love County Cottage Decor and anything White.
 
 
 I will be posting photos of vignettes
in my home.
 
I love rearranging things with the seasons,
but it all comes back to
white.
 
I have a small corner cupboard in my living room
which was made several years ago
by a local cabinetmaker.
 
Of Course it is White.
 
When I managed an Antique/Consignment shop
a few years ago.
I decided to use it in the shop.
 
It made a beautiful display piece for
Baby things new and old.
 
Unfortunately we had a fire and my
beautiful cabinet was damaged.
 
The contents were totally lost.
 
After many months I decided it was time to revive it
and get it back into my living room.

My husband sanded it down to the bare wood
and I painted it white,
 dry brushing the inside for a more shabby look.
 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Lea!
    You corner shelf looks wonderful! What a transformation! Love the dry brush look on the inside, too! Great idea!

    Congrats on your first blog post!! Don't fear...just be you!! And have fun! It's taken awhile for me to develop to the point I'm at, and that's ok!!

    Thanks for joining in Blissful Whites Wednesday!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky for your kind words and encouragment. I love BWW and look forward to it each week.

      Lea

      Delete
  2. Oh, I;m so sorry about your fire. I'm so glad your cabinet survived. You have given it a picture perfect new face.
    Blessings and best wishes on your new blog.
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cabinet looks beautiful. Best wishes on your new blog. I just started a new one too. Stop by and visit at avintagerosegarden.blogspot.com. I'll join your blog.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete